Saturday, January 31, 2009

Are you using your powers for good?

So when I was in college the big thing was homestarrunner.com.  It's a cartoon site that's fairly creative and amusing.  On one section of the site you can e-mail Strong Bad, one of the characters.  In one e-mail Strong Bad asks his correspondent if he's some kind of robot, if he has powers, if he's using his powers for good or for awesome, and if they can join forces.  My favorite part is the question "are you using your powers for good or for awesome?"  That became my mantra on my mission.  We're all pretty good, but are we awesome?  Am I using my powers to their full extent?  Am I pushing myself?  And so that was the impetus for my blog title power for awesome.   There's a quote I like by Margaret Mead that says:  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."  

1 comment:

  1. i vote awesome. there is no charge for awesomeness.
    ps WHAT are you doing up at 6:49AM on a SATURDAY!!!???!!!

    ReplyDelete