Monday, January 26, 2009

Reflections on the Sacrament

Rev'rently I bow my head
Reach out my hand
Eat the bread

Pause and ponder Jesus Christ
His noble words
His sweet life

Now the water clean and pure
I hope always
to be sure

Teach me, Father, as I pray
To bear burdens
On my way

As I seek thy will each day
Peace and hope will 
Light my way

Give me strength and help me see
Those who struggle
Next to me

Caring for those who live hard by
Savior lend me
Thy pure eye

To find the sheep who shun the light
Out in darkness
Losing sight

God keep me from this blind state
Pain, confusion
Sorrow, hate

Healing power is in thy wings
With thy help my 
Spirit sings

Singing songs of redeeming love
Lead us all to
Courts above

Sabbath covenants help us gain
The holy path to
Thy domain


No comments:

Post a Comment