Monday, February 18, 2013

Aaaaaand GO!

Sunday was a bit of an emotional train wreck where endurance and patience were tested. Motherhood training? Maybe. I got to go to church by myself 'cause hubby was sick again, or rather, still. Two hours of 4 boys who are five/ six years old and FULL of energy and too smart. Just plain too smart. Most of them want to be funny for their peers. One wants to be funny for adults. It's very interesting. We all survived but there has to be SO MUCH boundary placement and maintenance that it takes all I've got. The good news is the husband is feeling dramatically better today and should be with me next week. Whew! Our late Valentines/ early Anniversary was a lovely success! I won't say complete success because I (with the unclear help of our phone GPS) got us lost several times. It was an exercise in patience and finding joy in the journey. We stayed in a CHARMING bed and breakfast. It was so beautiful! I had that "I can't believe I'm actually doing something this cool!" moment - it was pretty surreal. But, the fact was that we had made reservations for a fancy dinner on the harbor and a relaxing night at the B&B and there we were being adults. Together. Celebrating each other. With loads of tissues, Nyquil (not me 'cause I'm prego), cough drops, Vicks vapo rub, lots of sneezes and some coughing. Could we have rescheduled due to illness? I guess. But this was memorable. This trip I got to experience Portland on a different level. I got to relax and soak a little more in. I want to do that lots and lots and lots more in the future. I see us returning to the B&B and enjoying more relaxing weekends. There's such a personal-ness to a B&B that it feels like you're staying with friends. I love it! This post brought to you by the pizza delivery man who saved me from making dinner. I love the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment