Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Reflections of a Mother-to-Be

I haven't met this little person yet, but he's growing inside me bigger and stronger every day. I don't know how it gets more personal than that. We had an ultrasound when he was 10 weeks and it showed a baby with precious features on a body the size of a peanut. He's bigger now and every movement registers. It feels like someone tapping me from the inside. Is he trying to get my attention? Is he telling me that I don't have much time left until he's no longer on the inside of me? He'll be outside soon getting my attention in other ways. I am loving this phase of the pregnancy! He reminds me every day that he's there. I get to have him with me 24-7. Yes I have doubts about the future but I also have dreams at this point. I can still treasure my innocence. I don't know how worried I should be. I don't know at this point all the challenges our little family will have. Ignorance is bliss. For now, I'm grateful for what I don't know AND grateful for what I do know: a baby is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment