Tuesday, March 17, 2009

So my new thing is gratitude.  I need some.  My father reminded me that I have "the-grass-is-greeneritis" really bad.  What happens is I plan on being happy at a different time, in a different place, under different circumstances. The well known irony of the situation is that my malcontented attitude will follow me to every new circumstance.  And so I am learning to be grateful for what I have.  It makes me a happier, more positive person.   This quote from President Monson's talk "Finding Joy in the Journey" is fantastic and really made an impression on me.  He said; "Said the Lord in a revelation given through the Prophet Joseph Smith, 'In nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things.'  May we be found among those who give our thanks to our Heavenly Father.  If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues."     

1 comment:

  1. dear jess.
    you inspire me to be a better person.
    love, holly

    ReplyDelete